IWSA’s Scholarship Awards for Science Education
Convener: Dr. Devaki Ramnathan
Co-convener: Dr. B.S. Mahajan
Secretary: Dr. V. Sudha Rao
Treasurer: Dr. Nootan Bhakal
IWSA’s scholarship awards are given from generous donations from well wishers. These awards are given annually on merit-cum-need basis to girl students pursuing science education at different levels (from X Std to Ph. D), computer courses and teacher training courses. Applications are invited once in a year across India through information on the IWSA website and notification sent to colleges.
- Shantoo Gurnani ” merit-cum-means” scholarship to girl students from Jr. College level to PG level.
- ‘Param Udhav Gurnani’ Travel Support at an IWSA conference, for IWSA members.
- ‘Param Udhav Gurnani’ award for the best paper published in a journal, for IWSA members.
- ‘Manik Gurnani’ ‘Innovation Award’ at an IWSA conference, for IWSA members.
‘The Innovation award’ is meant for IWSA member who has done some innovative research in applied sciences, especially technology.
- ‘Late Manohar Eknath Narsalay Paritoshik’ for TOT trainee (1st ranker).
- ‘Late Dr. Jayshree Daoo’ for deserving young woman doing Ph.D. in the field of Science.
- Majgaonkar Trust support to TOT students.
- ‘Dr. Suresh K. Mahajan Memorial Scholarship’ for deserving young woman doing Ph. D. in Life Science.
- ‘Chetan Premani Memorial Scholarship’ for MSc student pursuing Science.
- ‘Late Dr. Sumati Bhide and Mr. Vasudev Bhide’ award for deserving young woman doing Ph. D. in the field of science.
- IWSA awards for deserving students in BSc/ MSc.
- Mrs. Leela Bansiya Award is a felicitation award is instituted by Mr. Jagdish Bansiya in the name of his mother to be given annually for the bright young girl student who has stood first in the HSC Exam from a Navi Mumbai School.
Applications can be made for Scholarships and Awards. Click here to download the form.
Details for Applications for Annual IWSA Awards : 2020-21 will be displayed after the Mumbai University examination results are announced.